September 16th and 17th 2017 — at the Gallivan Center
Saturday 16th 2017 – noon – 10pm
Sunday 17th 2017 – noon – 6pm
The Urban Arts Festival is the largest free community art event in Utah. It is organized by Utah Arts Alliance. The festival draws over 50,000 in attendance annually and showcases hundreds of artists, performers, and musicians. It has received several awards including being named as the “Best New Festival in Utah” a the, “Best Indie Art Event in Utah” and the “Best Fest for the Rest”!
In 2017 the festival will be held at the Gallivan Center in Downtown SLC. It is a two day celebration of Salt Lake’s urban and artistic culture for the community, art lovers, and families. The festival features artists, music, dance performance, automotive arts, projection art, virtual reality and new media arts, street basketball league, live street art and mural painting displays and much more.
THE URBAN ARTS FESTIVAL EXPERIENCE, 2017
- Over 200 artists displaying and selling everything from paintings, photography, and prints to jewelry, clothing, and sculpture.
- Music from over 50 different groups—featuring hip-hop, rock, funk, and jazz.
- Dance performances from top urban dance groups—featuring breakdancing battles and showcases throughout the day.
- Custom Car Culture Area featuring over 40 on the most amazing art cars and motorcycles around.
- Street Basketball league and slam-dunk contest.
- Digital Graffiti projection art and Virtual Reality art area.
- Live painting demonstrations from Utah’s top mural and street artists as well as a community wall for everyone to paint on.
- Food Truck league featuring the best food trucks in Utah.
- Vendors and booths from non-profit groups and sponsors.
- The Voice Of The City Film Festival.
URBAN ARTS FESTIVAL CONNECTS THE ARTS TO COMMUNITY
The Urban Arts Festival benefits the community in Salt Lake in many ways, including giving the public an opportunity to experience some of the most relevant and current art in the state. Attendees will experience some of the newest and most innovative dance and music performances around, as well as participate in the many projects at the festival, voting in the several audience-choice competitions at the festival, taking art workshops, or just enjoying the unique atmosphere that can only be found at the Urban Arts Festival.
The festival draws thousands of people, both from inside and outside the state, to downtown SLC for the day, supporting local businesses such as hotels, restaurants, shops, parking lots, and clubs. The benefits also extend to the artists that sell their unique works at the festival and the many musicians and performers that use this opportunity to increase their visibility and expand their audience. The festival and our patrons brings millions of dollars to the downtown economy and is supported by the Salt Lake City Corp. Salt Lake County and the State of Utah.
This festival is unique to the city as it provides the best opportunity for Urban Artists to be showcased and celebrated for the positive cultural impact they have on the society.
Urban Art is all about city life and culture and Salt Lake City has an amazingly diverse population, many of whom celebrate urban cultural/artistic expressions.
Join us at the 2017 Urban Arts Fest and see what is all about!