September 21 and 22, 2019 at the Gallivan Center in Downtown Salt Lake City
Saturday, 9/21/19: noon – 10pm
Sunday, 9/22/19: noon – 8pm
Free Admission, Open to the Public
Urban Arts Festival, produced by the Utah Arts Alliance, is the largest free community art event in Utah. The festival showcases hundreds of artists, performers, and musicians. Recognized for its efforts, the festival has received several awards including being named the “Best New Festival in Utah”, “Best Indie Art Event in Utah” and “Best Fest for the Rest”!
In 2019, the festival will be held at the Gallivan Center in Downtown SLC. It is a two day celebration of Salt Lake’s urban and artistic culture for the community, art lovers, and families. The festival features artists, music, dance performance, automotive arts, projection art, virtual reality and new media arts, street basketball league, fashion, live street art and mural painting displays and much more.
Plan your festival now, download the program!
URBAN ARTS FESTIVAL EXPERIENCE
- ARTIST MARKETPLACE with more than 150 artists displaying original paintings, photography, prints, jewelry, clothing, sculpture and more.
- LIVE MUSIC on two stages featuring local and national hip-hop, rock, funk, and jazz.
- URBAN DANCE performances including breakdancing battles and showcases throughout festival.
- HARD N PAINT BASKETBALL LEAGUE three-on-three tournament and slam-dunk contest.
- LIVE PAINTING demonstrations from Utah’s top mural and street artists. Also, a community wall for all festival goers to paint.
- FOOD AND DRINKS flow at the fest with the best food trucks from Food Truck League and adult beverages. Don’t miss the Vegan Bloody Mary Brunch on Sunday. Upgrade your experience by purchasing a pass to the I Heart Art VIP Patio.
- MEET THE URBEEZ, our festival mascots, as they rove the fest making friends. The Urbeez Kids Zone is open for little festival goers to play.
- FASHION AT THE FEST showcases local talent making their mark in the fashion industry.
URBAN ARTS FESTIVAL CONNECTS THE ARTS TO COMMUNITY (a word from Festival Director, Derek Dyer)
Urban Arts Festival benefits the community in Salt Lake in many ways, including giving the public an opportunity to experience some of the most relevant and current art in the state. Attendees will experience some of the newest and most innovative dance and music performances around, as well as participate in the many projects at the festival, voting in the several audience-choice competitions at the festival, taking art workshops, or just enjoying the unique atmosphere that can only be found at the Urban Arts Festival.
The festival draws thousands of people, both from inside and outside the state, to downtown SLC for the day, supporting local businesses such as hotels, restaurants, shops, parking lots, and clubs. The benefits also extend to the artists that sell their unique works at the festival and the many musicians and performers that use this opportunity to increase their visibility and expand their audience. The festival and our patrons brings millions of dollars to the downtown economy and is supported by the Salt Lake City Corp. Salt Lake County and the State of Utah.
This festival is unique to the city as it provides the best opportunity for Urban Artists to be showcased and celebrated for the positive cultural impact they have on the society.
Urban Art is all about city life and culture and Salt Lake City has an amazingly diverse population, many of whom celebrate urban cultural/artistic expressions.
Join us at the 2019 Urban Arts Fest and see what is all about!